Next Letter

You saved Max's life. He was not eating until I found Freshpet.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart! You are literally saving my dog's life! My dog Max, a 6 year old American bulldog and boxer mix, has had a really rough go of things lately. Six months ago, while on vacation, my husband and I had our first child 2 months early. Needless to say we had to stay where we were for over a month...without Max. This really confused and depressed him a great deal. He must have felt as though we abandoned him. Upon our return home we had learned that he was not eating and unable to hold down anything, including water. He had lost unheard of amount of weight and was so lethargic he barely got up from his bed. Vets were dumbfounded and couldn't come up with a diagnosis. He even underwent surgery to remove a part of his intestine that was thought to be causing his issue. Even that surgery didn't seem to bring back his appetite or normal demeanor. It wasn't until another veterinarian thought to test his blood for a bacterial infection, that we found out what the cause really was. Even though his prolonged illness left him with a permanent heart condition, we were finally able to treat it properly. So an unbearable amount of medications, one surgery, a bad heart, countless days spent at the vet and almost ten thousand dollars in medical bills later we finally had an answer to his illness! It was a relief to finally be able to treat him, however he still didn't eat. Max has literally tried every food, including prescription, that has ever been manufactured. He ignored 90% of them and the other 10% he barely ate, or couldn't hold down. He even ignored boiled chicken. This was almost as depressing as watching him deal with his illness, and we didn't know what to do to get him to eat. We needed a miracle. We saw a commercial for your food and thought...why not? It's the only thing we haven't tried. From the very first tube he loved it! He ate breakfast lunch and dinner like he was never sick! I was so happy to see him eating again I almost cried. He has been a Freshpet dog for almost a week now and already we can see his energy level is up, he seems happier, and most importantly is gaining weight! I wish I could hug each and every one of you, and I'm sure Max would love to lick you guys. It's my honest belief that you are saving his life. All that surgery and prescription medicine wouldn't mean a thing if he didn't eat. That was our last major hurdle and you guys literally lifted us right over it with ease. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Share this letter

Read more letters from Freshpet Fans

Browse ALL Letters
Letter #1728
“My pets love Freshpet Select. It is such a great product; awesome!”
Read More
Letter #3501
“Coco is a 17 year old beagle. She stumbled and fell on our steps and was lethargic. She refused to eat or drink. I brought home Freshpet and Pedialyte and she bounced back! It was definitely Freshpet - I have been giving (…)”
Read More
Luna’s Story
“I started making my own cat food a few months ago but it ended up being too much work for me. I was feeding my cats canned food which is superior to kibble until I found Freshpet in my local Stop and (…)”
Read More
Letter #1697
“My dog LOVES Dognation Chicken treats! As a trainer, I use these all the time. Especially in my puppy class; puppies will do anything for them! I have 5 dogs of my own, and use the treats when we are training (…)”
Read More
Letter #1748
“Our dog, Lacy, is a rescue dog from a puppy mill and we have had a horrible time finding a good food for her. Well our search has ended. She loves your Deli Fresh and Vital and the dog treats (…)”
Read More
Letter #1203
“Freshpet food has made my life easier! My Sheltie's breakfast is now a savory start to his day. He loves all of your products that he has tried so far! We switched from dry to Freshpet, and at times I use (…)”
Read More

Find a Freshpet fridge near you!

Store Locator